SUBMIT A FILM
2022 SUBMISSIONS OPEN JANUARY 15
The AFMX Foundation is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization that produces the Albuquerque Film & Music Experience (AFMX). Born, raised, and nurtured by the entire Albuquerque community, we invite you to BE PART OF THE EXPERIENCE!
AFMX brings award-winning filmmakers, screenwriters, musicians, artists, distributors, industry experts, producers, casting directors, and visionaries together from around the world to celebrate the art of storytelling and collaborate into the future.
AFMX brings together award-winning and up-and-coming filmmakers and musicians from around the world to showcase and celebrate film and music and provide a platform for education, collaboration, discovery, and the sharing of impactful stories.
To enhance cultural richness by integrating film and music programs that provide entertainment and education for the community, contribute to the creative economy, and support Albuquerque as an epicenter for film, music, and the arts.
Going into its 10th year, AFMX is an advocate for the educational advancement of film, music, spoken words, and all other art forms, hosting an average of 7,000 attendees per year since our inception in 2013. We present domestic and international movies, engaging industry panels and workshops, exciting networking events, concerts, and an extraordinary platform to build strong personal and professional relationships.
Our 10th year runs September 13-18, 2022.
Synopsis or Logline
Film Link. Must be Vimeo or YouTube link with NO Password. File size is 10GB max. 1080p resolution in either .mov or .mp4 format
Trailer link. Must be Vimeo or YouTube link with NO Password. File size is 10GB max. 1080p resolution in either .mov or .mp4 format
Poster Link. Must be 960x380px
FILM SUBMISSION ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
1. All entries must be submitted online through Film Freeway.
2. You must complete a separate submission if submitting more than one film. Entry fees are per film entered and must be paid and confirmed on FilmFreeway. Please contact AFMX if you need to re-submit your project for any reason.
3. All filmmakers with selected projects will be notified regarding acceptance by Monday, June 20, 2022, by the email address provided at the time of submission.
4. Digital Press Kit with the following is required with all film submissions:
• Production Stills. Must be 960x380px, up to 2 stills
• Director(s) – Name, Bio and Photo/Headshot
• Screenwriter(s) – Name, Bio, and Photo/Headshot
• Producer(s) – Name, Bio and Photo/Headshot
• Cast Member(s) - Name
• Cinematographer(s) - Name
• Editor(s)- Name
• Sound Design(s) - Name
• Composer(s) - Name
• Primary contact for the film: name, email, and phone
5. Film and trailer links must be a Vimeo or YouTube link with NO password.
6. We highly suggested that all filmmakers whose work is submitted and accepted into the Albuquerque Film & Music Experience prepare to represent their film in the festival.
On behalf of the AFMX Foundation Board of Directors, our Staff, and Volunteers, THANK YOU FOR SUBMITTING AND BEING PART OF THE EXPERIENCE!
For a listing of Past Attendees, please visit the Past Participants page.