SUBMIT A FILM
What our FilmFreeway filmmakers say about AFMX:
This is a really special festival truly from the heart! Ivan, Kira and the entire team are so fabulous and work tirelessly to bring an incredible experience for everyone who attends!!! I've had the great luck to have several films screen here and I always look forward to attending! Highly recommend this one! - Sylvia Caminer, 2022
I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It's easy.
This was a great film festival. I really enjoyed all the great communication and follow up. Even though I couldn't attend in person this year, I will be sure to come back for future festivals. Outstanding management staff. I highly recommend submitting here. - Tom Struckhoff, 2022
One of the best organized festivals I’ve been screened at in 20 years! Also the way Q&A was managed for shorts programs was fabulous! And for locals, the festival makes real contact with the industry in NM. - Jim MCQuaid
Awesome programming, awesome events, awesome communication, awesome organization, and just an awesome experience overall. The festival staff truly care about you and your movie. And, all in all, it was easy to see why this festival was listed in MovieMaker Magazine's prestigious "50 Film Festivals Worth the Entry Fee in 2021". AFMX is awesome, and most definitely worth the entry fee. Filmmakers, you definitely wanna submit to this one. – Maverick Moore, 2021
SUBMISSIONS CLOSE MAY 8, 2023
NOTIFICATION DATE IS JUNE 24, 2023
The AFMX Foundation is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization that produces the Albuquerque Film & Music Experience (AFMX). Born, raised, and nurtured by the entire Albuquerque community, we invite you to BE PART OF THE EXPERIENCE!
AFMX brings award-winning filmmakers, screenwriters, musicians, artists, distributors, industry experts, producers, casting directors, and visionaries together from around the world to celebrate the art of storytelling and collaborate into the future.
Going into its 11th year, AFMX is an advocate for the educational advancement of film, music, spoken words, and all other art forms, hosting an average of 7,000 attendees per year since our inception in 2013. We present domestic and international movies, engaging industry panels and workshops, exciting networking events, concerts, and an extraordinary platform to build strong personal and professional relationships.
FILM SUBMISSION ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
1. All entries must be submitted online through Film Freeway, including:
Synopsis or Logline
2. You must complete a separate submission if submitting more than one film. Entry fees are per film entered and must be paid and confirmed on FilmFreeway. Please contact AFMX if you need to re-submit your project for any reason.
3. All filmmakers with selected projects will be notified regarding acceptance by Monday, June 20, 2022, by the email address provided at the time of submission.
4. Digital Press Kit with the following is required with all film submissions:
• Production Stills. Must be 960x380px, up to 2 stills
• Poster Link. Must be 960x380px
• Director(s) – Name, Bio and Photo/Headshot
• Screenwriter(s) – Name, Bio, and Photo/Headshot
• Producer(s) – Name, Bio and Photo/Headshot
• Cast Member(s) - Name
• Cinematographer(s) - Name
• Editor(s)- Name
• Sound Design(s) - Name
• Composer(s) - Name
• Primary contact for the film: name, email, and phone
5. Film and trailer links must be a Vimeo or YouTube link with NO password.
Film Link. Must be Vimeo or YouTube link with NO Password. File size is 10GB max. 1080p resolution in either .mov or .mp4 format
Trailer link. Must be Vimeo or YouTube link with NO Password. File size is 10GB max. 1080p resolution in either .mov or .mp4 format
6. We highly suggested that all filmmakers whose work is submitted and accepted into the Albuquerque Film & Music Experience prepare to represent their film in the festival.
On behalf of the AFMX Foundation Board of Directors, our Staff, and Volunteers, thank you for submitting your film as part of the AFMX Experience!